As we are counting the days to the new year, to new hopes, to new beginnings and new things to look forward to, I would like to encourage you to sit in a moment of silence and watch your 2014 life roll by. This activity can bring about some sad, happy, exciting and devastating memories all together but trust me, Its worth the watch.
The reason why I encourage you to do so, as you will realize how much stronger, bolder, smarter and brighter you have become. As we know, everyday brings some lessons for us to learn and brings in new hope to motivate us somehow. This year was a year I would like to share with my readers today.
This year was a roller coaster ride for me in particular, yet one of the best. While I welcomed 2014 with high hopes and spirit, I also felt a serious change in my season that this year will be something different, I felt nervous and scared but the same time assured that whatever will happen will happen for the best. So why best?.. Here is why..
My top 5 things I am grateful of 2014.
1. I am thankful that God continually showed his presence in my life. This year was a year of so many problems, having somewhat like a snowball or a domino effect, yet I survived this year able to battle those problems not my my strength but by the Grace of God.
“Having God in your life does not make you storm free, but storm proof!”
2. I am thankful of being able to forgive my past, reunite with old friends and meet some new friends.
3. I am thankful that in this year I had experience being in drought a season of dessert as every dark night comes with a brighter morning.
4. I am thankful of how God continually taught me new things. Things I thought I never could do nor think of, such as fashion, designing my own dress, experiencing on meeting new business owners and developers.
5. Lastly I am thankful that despite everything this year had to offer, I am here, standing stronger, smarter, bolder and brighter knowing God is with me all the way.
Last year around this time (Dec 2013) My mind and heart was full of hopes, dreams and promises that I hoped God will fulfill one way or another. I had so much to look forward too but see, God had other plans somehow I was blinded with my dreams I totally forgot what God wanted me to experience. There is nothing wrong with planning or dreaming or even looking forward to what your hearts desires are however it is also important to consider or make room for Gods plans for you as well otherwise you may be up for some serious disappointments.
So this year, I have a few prayer points to welcome 2015. New hopes and dreams; new things to look forward to but this time having Gods plans in mind as well.
I pray that you all will be happy despite how 2014 treated you, and excited as I am to welcome the new years with Gods provision and blessings that this coming year would be of a greater one.
Until next year everyone, I look forward to writing more and sharing more on how God has continually worked in my life. Have a blessed and happy new year! 🙂